Did You Know...
- Even though water is the single most important and most used commodity in our daily lives, and a person could only survive for a few days without water, we continue to pollute our water at a faster rate than the natural processes can cleanse it.
- We drink very little of our drinking water.
- Two thirds of the water used in a home is used in the bathroom. Nearly 40% gets flushed down toilets; more than 30% is used in showers and baths.
- It takes 2 gallons to brush your teeth, 2 to 7 gallons to flush a toilet and 25 to 50 gallons of water in a five minute shower. For ideas on how to conserve water, check out our water conservation page.
- You can drink more than 4,000 glasses of tap water for the same price as a 6pack of soda.
- It takes 1,500 gallons of water to produce a hamburger, fries and soft drink.
- A rat can live longer without water than a camel can.
- It takes 20 litres of water to make 4 litres of milk.