Job Posting: Meter ReaderPosted: April 9, 2021
RUTLAND WATERWORKS DISTRICT is accepting applications to fill a full-time position for meter reader and repair technician.
Duties will include:
- Meter reading (approx. 4500) meters to be read quarterly, includes residential and commercial.
- Meter repairs, installations, booking appointments for repairs, documentation of such repairs.
- Other duties will include but not limited to: daily rounds, pump and pump station maintenance, water testing and gathering water samples for testing, water main flushing, hydrant maintenance, repairs to services and water mains. Perform and assist in the repair and maintenance of pumps, motors, and valves.
The successful applicant will also be responsible to participate on a regular, rotational basis in providing weekend and weeknight on-call duties.
Required skills include:
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- The ability to organize workload, set priorities, and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to undertake additional training related to the duties of the position.
- The ability to operate a computer, using standard software, ie. e-mail, databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license (provide current abstract).
Rutland Waterworks offers a comprehensive wage and benefits package which includes; medical, dental, extended health and pension.
This is a bargaining unit position with an hourly rate of pay of $20.45 to $28.09 per hour dependent upon experience and based on 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing WD 1 certificate or higher and chlorine handler certificate.
Interested candidates may e-mail their resume to [email protected]. Please note that our office is closed to the public due to COVID restrictions, so we will not be accepting walk in applicants.
Applications will be accepted until April 30th, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.